So your car is stuck in the middle of nowhere – what do you do? There are few options: call a toll truck and take it to the nearest mechanic or call a mobile mechanic. But what a second – don’t they do the same thing? Well, yes they kind of do. Getting mobile mechanic services in Laverton is similar to taking your car to an in-house mechanic in Bulleen. So what are the differences between the two and what should you do? Take a read below to find out:
What Mobile Mechanics Offer:
As you can imagine: mobile mechanics are basic mechanics on the road. Their job is to help you in those hours of need when you are stuck in the middle of nowhere and need assistance. They will be able to provide you with the following:
- On the road assistance when you are in an emergency, although they can visit you at your home if you require it
- In most case, 24/7 emergency services
- Repairs if your vehicle needs them – although it is limited because of the amount of tools they can have
- In-depth reports and check-ups if your vehicle needs them
What ‘In-House” Mechanics Offer:
In-house mechanics, or bricks-and-mortar mechanics, offer the same concept as mobile mechanics with just few (but impactful) differences. These include:
- In house mechanics are stationed at one location. Some might be able to pick-up your vehicle where it is, but in most cases, you’ll need a toll truck to do it for you.
- They will be able to provide more services than mobile mechanics. That is because they have all the necessary tools in one location.
- They will also be able to able to provide more comprehensive in-depth repairs and services on your vehicles because of those tools. This is also due in part because they ‘lift’ your vehicle to help repair it.
What To Choose?
It all comes down to your situation. If you are stuck in the middle of nowhere and need some assistance with your vehicle, then calling quick mobile mechanics in Melbourne can help you. They will be at your location as soon as possible and will help you with all your vehicle problems. On the other hand, if you have time and are close to a in-house mechanic, we advise you go to see them as they will be able to provide you with a more comprehensive service, depending on the condition of your vehicle.